XHTML problematic, in xml used w/ .net

Jason Shohet

I have an xml file (that is updated through infopath), which populates
various .net controls.
One of the elements in my xml file contains XHTML tags: And the xml text
reader object that .NET provides, cannot read elements of an xml file that
contain xhtml. The reader does not return the text, if it contains a <td>
tag, or a <font> tag etc. Below is my pseudo code I use to get the
contents of the element.

XMLTextReader reader = newXMLTextReader();
lblDescription.Text = reader.ReadString() ; // the reader does not return
anything if it contains xhtml

Any ideas of what to do? I definately need that xhtml stuff in the xml
file... Otherwise the label will contain just a big runon sentence, instead
of formatted paragraphs.

TY
Jason Shohet

Trevor Benedict R

Yes, This is by design, Have you tried &gt; for > or &lt; for <

Regards

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD