xhtml strict problem

Discussion in 'XML' started by sionvalais, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. sionvalais

    sionvalais Guest

    sionvalais, Jul 14, 2003

  2. sionvalais wrote:
    > I converted my website to xhtml strict, but it won't be validated. Can
    > anyone tell me what is wrong?
    >
    > http://www.sionvalais.com/zermatt.php

    A validator has probably told you. Here are some of the errors:

    1. Line 6, column 40: there is no attribute "CONTENT" (explain...).

    In XHTML, element and attribute names are lower-case.

    3. Line 34, column 38: there is no attribute "language" (explain...).
    src="js/menu.js"></script>

    In XHTML 1.0 Strict, there is no language attribute on the script element.

    4. Line 34, column 67: required attribute "type" not specified
    (explain...).
    ...is"><script language="Javascript" src="js/menu.js"></script>

    The required type attribute is missing.

    Did you read what is linked from the 'explain' link?
    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)

    Johannes Koch, Jul 15, 2003

  3. sionvalais

    Dean Tiegs Guest

    (sionvalais) writes:

    > I converted my website to xhtml strict, but it won't be
    > validated. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
    >
    > http://www.sionvalais.com/zermatt.php

    Your first step will be to configure your server to include a charset
    parameter in the Content-Type header. Currently your server returns

    You probably want it to be

    or

    --
    Dean Tiegs, NE¼-20-52-25-W4