    BOOGIEMAN Guest

    Does all main web browsers support XHTML code ?
    If not which does and which don't ?

    BOOGIEMAN, Feb 15, 2005

  2. BOOGIEMAN

    SpaceGirl Guest

    BOOGIEMAN wrote:
    > Does all main web browsers support XHTML code ?
    > If not which does and which don't ?

    They all "support" it. IE gets a bit confused... but then it does that
    with regular HTML as well :)

    SpaceGirl, Feb 15, 2005

  3. BOOGIEMAN

    BOOGIEMAN Guest

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:40:19 +0000, SpaceGirl wrote:

    > BOOGIEMAN wrote:
    >> Does all main web browsers support XHTML code ?
    >> If not which does and which don't ?

    > They all "support" it. IE gets a bit confused... but then it does that
    > with regular HTML as well :)

    Thanks, I needed to know that

    BOOGIEMAN, Feb 15, 2005
  4. BOOGIEMAN

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:23:06 +0100, BOOGIEMAN <>
    wrote:

    >Does all main web browsers support XHTML code ?

    What's "XHTML" ? If you mean _real_ XHTML, served under the right
    content type, then it's still a problem.

    If you just code some XHTML and serve it up as text/html, then
    browsers see it as a slightly tastier version of the usual tag soup
    and work very well with it. They've had to digest garbage for years,
    XHTML is an improvement.

    Read Appendix C of the XHTML TR at the w3c.org site.

    Andy Dingley, Feb 15, 2005
  5. BOOGIEMAN

    Steve Pugh Guest

    BOOGIEMAN <> wrote:

    >Does all main web browsers support XHTML code ?

    Depends on what you mean by support. All browsers are capable of
    treating XHTML as if it was tag soup HTML. But only the more modern
    browsers are capable of handling XHTML as XHTML.

    >If not which does and which don't ?

    IE doesn't. IE supports HTML (it supports a large chunk but not all of
    HTML 4.01) and can be made to treat XHTML as if it was HTML. It can't
    cope with XHTML as XHTML. Mozilla, Opera, Safari and other modern
    browsers cope better - both in terms of treating XHTML as HTML (they
    support more of HTML 4.01) and in terms of treating XHTML as XHTML.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Feb 15, 2005