xhtml VS background sound

P.o.l

I have need to insert a background sound (embed, bgsound, object...)
in one web-page validated with xhtml Transitional.
It is possible?

You can insert the exact code?

Thanks
Pol

Steve Pugh

P.o.l said:
I have need to insert a background sound (embed, bgsound, object...)
in one web-page validated with xhtml Transitional.
It is possible?

<object> is the only way to do it in any version of HTML or XHTML.
<embed> and <bgsound> are not part of any standard.
That said, the non-standard <embed> may offer better support cross
browsers then <object>, depending on several factors, not least of
which is the media type being used.

On the other hand, background sound is usually very annoying and best
avoided.

Steve

P.o.l

On the other hand, background sound is usually very annoying and best

Yes, background sound is annoying,
but the song is of 2 second ones and in loop = 1.
Anyway now I decide if to insert it :)
Thanks
Pol

Neal

Yes, background sound is annoying,
but the song is of 2 second ones and in loop = 1.
Anyway now I decide if to insert it :)
Thanks
Pol

Two seconds is long enough to have my boss find out I'm surfing at work.

Have it as an option to click on, not an automatic "feature".

Psyonicdreams

Neal said:
Two seconds is long enough to have my boss find out I'm surfing at work.

Have it as an option to click on, not an automatic "feature".

I agree, no sounds on a web page should ever be forced on the
poor visitors. Always let them choose. 99% of the time if a
web site starts making sounds I have not asked for I hit the back
button right away. Leave background sounds where they
belong, on the sites of 10 year old kids that think they are
KEWL! 8o)