XHTMLconformance

Murtaza

We have excluded <xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/> tag from web.config for
menu(ASP.Net 2.0) display problem in IE6 & have resolved this problem.
After excluding this tag it will change control's client Id. Due to this, we
are facing many error(s) in javascript func.
I need solution, so it will not change control's client ID of objects after
removing xhtml tag (as above) in web.config.

..
any solution?

Patrice

From where comes the id used by javascript? AFAIK you should use the
clientid property so that you don't relly on specific names bu jut use those
created by ASP.NET.

AFAIK you can't change this behavior because ASP.NET has to avoid using
invalid characters in IDs that are used when in legacy mode...