    out? or someone can give me a complete VHDL model of this RAMB16_S9_S36
    which must be either technology independant or at the most it must use
    xilinx RAMB4_Sn_Sm ram. Thanks
    Avion, Sep 16, 2006

  2. Avion

    Amal Guest

    Avion wrote:
    > Hi,
    > i am trying to implement RAMB16_S9_S36 Block ram in Spartan IIE, which
    > does not support it. My aim is to utilize RAMB4_Sn_Sm in such a way to
    > make it a RAMB16_S9_S36, but it may have less number of address, i.e.
    > depth can be different than original RAMB16_S9_S36. can anyone help me
    > out? or someone can give me a complete VHDL model of this RAMB16_S9_S36
    > which must be either technology independant or at the most it must use
    > xilinx RAMB4_Sn_Sm ram. Thanks

    You can write memory models that can be inferred in by Xilinx XST or
    Synplify, or other synthesis tools. Take a look at Xilinx XST manual
    or Synplify reference manual. They have snippets that show you how to
    code generic RAMs.

    If you still needed more help let me know.

    -- Amal
    Amal, Sep 18, 2006

  3. Avion

    Avion Guest

    Hi,
    can u provide and example showing implementation of Blockram of 4
    KByetes using RAMB4_Sn_Sm? thanks for the XST tip, will let you know
    the result.
    Regards.

    Avion, Sep 19, 2006