Xilinx bootloader help...

Dave

I'm using an ML403 development board. The board has a Compact Flash card on
it, as well as SRAM, DDR RAM, Flash, etc.

I'm trying to load my large application into a file that I can copy to the
Compact Flash in a file. I want to have a bootloader program read then
file, load it into SRAM, and then start executing the SRAM code.

Is there an example of doing this?

Is this an unreasonable thing to do with this system?

I've been talking to our local FAEs but have no real feedback from them on
how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

David Ashley

Dave said:
I'm using an ML403 development board. The board has a Compact Flash card on
it, as well as SRAM, DDR RAM, Flash, etc.

I'm trying to load my large application into a file that I can copy to the
Compact Flash in a file. I want to have a bootloader program read then
file, load it into SRAM, and then start executing the SRAM code.

Is there an example of doing this?

Look at the u-boot project, it supports the ML403 board IIRC.
It does the bootstrap stuff you need to do.

-Dave

Dave

David Ashley said:
Look at the u-boot project, it supports the ML403 board IIRC.
It does the bootstrap stuff you need to do.

-Dave

Thanks for responding, Dave.

I checked the Xilinx web-site and did a search on u-boot and ML403 and got
no hits. I did a search on u-boot and got over 250 hits but they were all
related to the ML300. I did a search on boot loader and ML403 and got about
10 hits but nothing talking about compact flash boot loading.

Could you give me a link to where you saw the ML403 u-boot project?

Thanks.

Dave

David Ashley

Dave said:
I checked the Xilinx web-site and did a search on u-boot and ML403 and got
no hits. I did a search on u-boot and got over 250 hits but they were all
related to the ML300. I did a search on boot loader and ML403 and got about
10 hits but nothing talking about compact flash boot loading.

Could you give me a link to where you saw the ML403 u-boot project?

Probably my mistake. The ML300 is probably the one I was thinking
of.

Still -- it's easy enough bringing up u-boot on new hardware. Start
with the ML300 tree and go from there?

If you've got money to spend I or other real u-boot experts can
bring it up for you.

-Dave