Xilinx cores with license

FP

I would like to know if I can use Xilinx cores (generated on a
different machine) in my project. Some of the cores are PCIe,
RockteIO, DDR2 controller. These cores require license to be generated
and I dont have one. Some of the tools used are endpoint_blk_plus,
Virtex -5 Aurora and MIG.

Please suggest.

Tricky

I would like to know if I can use Xilinx cores (generated on a
different machine) in my project. Some of the cores are PCIe,
RockteIO, DDR2 controller. These cores require license to be generated
and I dont have one. Some of the tools used are endpoint_blk_plus,
Virtex -5 Aurora and MIG.

Please suggest.

Auto generated cores tend to just spew out a top level entity that
links back to library components. Sometimes it is code, and sometimes
it will link to EDFs. These librarys will normally only be avaiable
with the appropriate licence, so you will have to purchase an
appropriate licence.

Ken Cecka

FP said:
I would like to know if I can use Xilinx cores (generated on a
different machine) in my project. Some of the cores are PCIe,
RockteIO, DDR2 controller. These cores require license to be generated
and I dont have one. Some of the tools used are endpoint_blk_plus,
Virtex -5 Aurora and MIG.

Please suggest.

I don't have a lot of experience with this yet, but I'm working on a project
using many of the cores you listed on a Virtex 5. The cores you mentioned
all have free licenses - you just have to sign up for them.

That said, my project is also using a 3rd party core which we are
purchasing. The core is node-locked, but we've been told that we can build
a partition on the machine that it's locked to, and then move the compiled
partition to unlicensed machines for integration.

Ken