    and I dont have one. Some of the tools used are endpoint_blk_plus,
    Virtex -5 Aurora and MIG.

    Please suggest.

    FP, Oct 5, 2008

  2. FP

    Tricky Guest

    On 5 Oct, 16:22, FP <> wrote:
    > I would like to know if I can use Xilinx cores (generated on a
    > different machine) in my project. Some of the cores are PCIe,
    > RockteIO, DDR2 controller. These cores require license to be generated
    > and I dont have one. Some of the tools used are endpoint_blk_plus,
    > Virtex -5 Aurora and MIG.
    >
    > Please suggest.

    Auto generated cores tend to just spew out a top level entity that
    links back to library components. Sometimes it is code, and sometimes
    it will link to EDFs. These librarys will normally only be avaiable
    with the appropriate licence, so you will have to purchase an
    appropriate licence.

    Tricky, Oct 6, 2008

  3. FP

    Ken Cecka Guest

    FP wrote:

    > I would like to know if I can use Xilinx cores (generated on a
    > different machine) in my project. Some of the cores are PCIe,
    > RockteIO, DDR2 controller. These cores require license to be generated
    > and I dont have one. Some of the tools used are endpoint_blk_plus,
    > Virtex -5 Aurora and MIG.
    >
    > Please suggest.

    I don't have a lot of experience with this yet, but I'm working on a project
    using many of the cores you listed on a Virtex 5. The cores you mentioned
    all have free licenses - you just have to sign up for them.

    That said, my project is also using a 3rd party core which we are
    purchasing. The core is node-locked, but we've been told that we can build
    a partition on the machine that it's locked to, and then move the compiled
    partition to unlicensed machines for integration.

    Ken

    Ken Cecka, Oct 6, 2008