Xilinx Error

john

Hi,

I tried to synthesize the VHDL code that was previously complied by
ISE 6 version with new 9.1i. But the ISE9.1i is not generating the
programming file for the code. And its giving the following error

ERROR:projectMgmt - TOE: ITclInterp::ExecuteCmd gave Tcl result 'can't
read file "4>!": no such file or directory'.

Does anybody know what is it?

John

Benjamin Todd

I don't know exactly the cause, but i've seen some strange stuff when
switching from versions, a leap from 6 to 9 might be tricky in one go...

To get started, use ISE 9 to make a new project, and start from scratch.
Use only the .vhd .ucf from your original project. Obviously this just
works for the simple architectures.

Otherwise, try "clean-up project files" and try again.

HTH
Ben