XILINX FPGA project

Davo

I am required to design and demonastrate a project incorporating the XILINX
Field Programmable Gate Array Board already assembled by Digilent Inc. The
circuit will require some extra components other than the XILINK chip but as
our knowledge is not in the advanced stages of PLA's yet, the project will
not need to be overly complex. Any ideas, pointers or common industry
practice for implementing the use of a FPGA to utilize and demonstrate its
benefits would be welcomed - just a point in the right direction.....

Regards

Dave