xilinx ISE8.2 error: XST779

Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I am getting this error during the synthesizing my design :

ERROR:Xst:779 - line 168: 'Others' is in unconstrained array aggregate.

my code is :

no_flow_counter : counter
generic map (
width => width_delay_before_no_flow_error,
counting_up => '0',
reset_counter_when_done => '0')
port map (
reset => reset,
clk_counter => clk_1s,
enable_in => no_flow_counter_enable,
start_value => no_flow_counter_start_value,
end_value => (others => '0'),
count_out => open,
done_out => missing_flow);

can_go_off_counter : counter
generic map (
width => width_delay_before_shutdown,
counting_up => '0',
reset_counter_when_done => '0')
port map (
reset => reset,
clk_counter => clk_1s,
enable_in => off_counter_enable,
start_value => off_counter_start_value,
end_value => (others => '0'),
count_out => open,
done_out => off_counter_finished);
why such an error occurs and how can i fix it?

Thanks in advance

Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
hai,

you can't assign the values to multidimensional array using the statement (others=>'0').