  1. All I really want is to write a few strings to the background of my X
    display. XDrawString() is what I need. The Xlib for Python shows it's out
    dated. Is there any alternative?
    Artificial Life, Feb 27, 2005

  2. Artificial Life

    Guest

    python-xlib may not see any development, but I used it recently with python 2.2
    or 2.3, and don't remember any particular problems doing so.

    you may want to give it a try, instead of dismissing it out of hand.

    Jeff

    , Feb 27, 2005

  3. Artificial Life

    Mike Meyer Guest

    Artificial Life <> writes:

    > All I really want is to write a few strings to the background of my X
    > display. XDrawString() is what I need. The Xlib for Python shows it's out
    > dated. Is there any alternative?

    If you're referring to <URL:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-xlib >, what makes you think
    it's outdated? Development on a package sometimes stops when it
    reaches a state that the authors are happy with - which is what's
    happened here. It works just fine. If not, the authors can be reached
    about bug fixes, etc.

    <mike
    Mike Meyer, Feb 27, 2005