Xlib in Python? I need XDrawString()

Artificial Life

All I really want is to write a few strings to the background of my X
display. XDrawString() is what I need. The Xlib for Python shows it's out
dated. Is there any alternative?

jepler

python-xlib may not see any development, but I used it recently with python 2.2
or 2.3, and don't remember any particular problems doing so.

you may want to give it a try, instead of dismissing it out of hand.

Jeff

Mike Meyer

Artificial Life said:
All I really want is to write a few strings to the background of my X
display. XDrawString() is what I need. The Xlib for Python shows it's out
dated. Is there any alternative?

If you're referring to <URL:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-xlib >, what makes you think
it's outdated? Development on a package sometimes stops when it
reaches a state that the authors are happy with - which is what's
happened here. It works just fine. If not, the authors can be reached
about bug fixes, etc.

<mike