xlink as glossary tool?

Andy Rossmeissl

Hi there-
I run a rather large website that serves primarily as a technical
information repository. I've been researching ways to process
documents as they're served in such a way that technical terms which
have glossary entries are made into hyperlinks pointing at their entry
in a glossary. The site is XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant, but
unfortunately it's necessary that I serve it from IIS (Windows). Am I
correct that this is something that XLink can do? What sort of
additional software do I need to do this?

My instincts tell me that this sort of thing must have been attempted
before, so if there's another solution I'm missing, kindly point me to
it.

Thanks much,
Andrew Rossmeissl
WiscNet