xlrd 0.9.1 released!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Withers, Apr 5, 2013.

  1. Hi All,

    I'm pleased to announce the release of xlrd 0.9.1:

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.9.1

    This release includes the following changes:

    - A tonne of bugs when used with Python 3 were fixed thanks to John Machin.

    - Extra byte data in hyperlink records now records a warning rather than
    raising an exception.

    - Improved handling of aberrant Excel 4.0 Worksheet files

    - setup.py and MANIFEST simplifaction along with removal of a tonne of
    code that was needed before we dropped support for Python 2.5 and below.
    Thanks to Thomas Kluyver to the commits.

    - Removed vestiges of support for pickleable Book objects. This hasn't
    worked for some time, so the options to support it have gone.

    If you find any problems, please ask about them on the
    list, or submit an issue on GitHub:

    https://github.com/python-excel/xlrd/issues

    Full details of all things Python and Excel related can be found here:

    http://www.python-excel.org/

    cheers,

    Chris

    - http://www.simplistix.co.uk