XLRDError: Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document

Discussion in 'Python' started by kath, Oct 17, 2006.

  1. kath

    kath Guest

    Hi....

    XLRDError: Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document

    What does this error means?

    When I try to open some excel files using XLRD, I encounter this error.
    Not with every excel, but with some file.
    Can anybody help me know, what is this error trying say and what I
    should do to avoid this.

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File
    "D:\PYTHON23\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
    line 310, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
    File "D:\Python23\Testing area\Python and Excel\read_map.py", line
    71, in ?
    workbook=xlrd.open_workbook(_file[kfp])
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\xlrd\__init__.py", line 121, in
    open_workbook
    logfile=logfile, verbosity=verbosity, pickleable=pickleable,
    use_mmap=use_mmap,
    File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\xlrd\__init__.py", line 304, in
    __init__
    raise XLRDError("Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document")
    XLRDError: Can't find workbook in OLE2 compound document

    Thank you.
    Regards,
    sudhir.
    kath, Oct 17, 2006