    will automaticly change the webpage it is linked to?
    Adri

    --
    a.der Kinderen, Jun 29, 2003

  2. "a.der Kinderen" <> wrote:

    > How can I use an excell file in html.

    For example, using File > "Save as Web page" on Excel _and_ then
    cleaning up the horrendous monstrosity of indigestible contaminated tag
    soup that it vomits. For the cleanup, use HTML-Kit.

    > So when the excell file
    > changes it will automaticly change the webpage it is linked to?

    Sorry, no feasible way. Theoretically possible as it might be, there
    are no effective tools for that. Teach the people who edit the Excel
    file to save a copy of it as TSV (Tab Separated Values) and upload it
    onto a Web server. It won't be pretty, but at least it will be readable
    without proprietary software. More info on the TSV approach:
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/TSV.html

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Jun 29, 2003

  3. a.der Kinderen

    blib Guest

    > > So when the excell file
    > > changes it will automaticly change the webpage it is linked to?

    > Sorry, no feasible way. Theoretically possible as it might be, there
    > are no effective tools for that. Teach the people who edit the Excel
    > file to save a copy of it as TSV (Tab Separated Values) and upload it
    > onto a Web server. It won't be pretty, but at least it will be readable
    > without proprietary software. More info on the TSV approach:

    If you are using IIS and ASP/Coldfusion or the like, you can set up a
    worksheet as a DSN.

    Thomas
    blib, Jun 29, 2003