xlutils 1.0.0 released!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Withers, Nov 10, 2008.

  1. Hi All,

    I'm pleased to announce the first release of xlutils. This is a small
    collection of utilities that make use of both xlrd and xlwt to process
    Microsoft Excel files.

    The current utilities included are:

    xlutils.margins
    Tools for finding how much of an Excel file contains useful data.

    xlutils.filter
    A mini framework for splitting and filtering Excel files into new
    Excel files.

    To find out more, please read here:

    http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/xlutils

    In case you're not aware, xlrd and xlwt are two excellent pure-python
    libraries for reading and writing Excel files. They run on any platform
    and, likely, any implementation of Python without the need for horrific
    things like binding to Excel via COM and so needing a Windows machine.

    If you use any of xlrd, xlwt or xlutils, the following google group will
    be of use:

    http://groups.google.com.au/group/python-excel

    Hope some of this is of interest, I'd love to hear from anyone who ends
    up using it!

    cheers,

    Chris

    - http://www.simplistix.co.uk