    me??

    Thanks,

    Marsha. .
    Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira, Jul 17, 2003

  2. * Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >I'm working in an application that saves its project files in XMI format,
    >version 1.0. I'm interested in rewrite it to generate these files in the
    >version 1.1.

    Why? If you don't need to use XML 1.1 you should avoid it.
    Bjoern Hoehrmann, Jul 17, 2003

  3. "Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > The problem is that I need to do this!
    > I need to integrate the application which I'm working with another that

    uses
    > the version 1.1 of XMI format.

    I guess this is a misunderstanding. There is no XML 1.1 spec yet, so by
    definition there can't be an application requiring it as input format.

    Besides, it really would be extremely dumb to require 1.1 and not to accept
    1.0.
    Julian F. Reschke, Jul 17, 2003
  4. "Julian F. Reschke" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > The problem is that I need to do this!
    > > I need to integrate the application which I'm working with another that

    > uses
    > > the version 1.1 of XMI format.

    > I guess this is a misunderstanding. There is no XML 1.1 spec yet, so by
    > definition there can't be an application requiring it as input format.
    >
    > Besides, it really would be extremely dumb to require 1.1 and not to

    accept
    > 1.0.

    How interesting. You seem to talk about XM*I*, while Bjoern and myself were
    talking about XM*L*.

    Sorry, I don't know anything about XMI.
    Julian F. Reschke, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Marcia C. Marra de Oliveira

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:27:38 +0200, "Julian F. Reschke"
    <> wrote:

    >Sorry, I don't know anything about XMI.

    XMI is a software engineering description protocol, akin to UML. I
    think www.omg.org are the owners of it. AFAIK though, V1.2 is the
    standard version and 2.0 is the new one

    The "M" in WMI stands for metadata, but this protocol has nothing to
    do with metadata either.
    Andy Dingley, Jul 20, 2003