    test?

    Thanks.

    Dung Ping
    Dung Ping, Dec 16, 2005

  2. Dung Ping

    Soren Kuula Guest

    Dung Ping wrote:
    > I just looked at the tests in CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster?), but
    > didn't see a test for XML. Is XML not so useful as other skills, such
    > as JavaScript or Perl? Or it's CIW's fault or negligence in excluding
    > XML from the package? Or XML is a too simple language so not worth a
    > test?

    If CIWw doesn't test a little bit of XML knowledge, I sure wouldn't
    trust anyone with it to mangage any web... (I'd probably be more
    impressed with someone who never took it, saying that it doesn't even
    test XML.. and then showed me some stuff / code he'd written).

    XML is simple, that's why it is so popular. But it is flexible enough to
    describe any structured language that you can come up with -- without
    the need of reinventing a raw syntax every time you need a new language.

    Useful XML skills might be: Understanding namespaces, understanding DTD
    and XML Schema (and why to use them), understanding DOM models and event
    based parsing (and when to prefer which), and maybe XSL transforms.

    Soren
    Soren Kuula, Dec 17, 2005