    like to know if this is possible...knowing that XML is platform
    independant.

    Thanks
    Joshua Sparks, Nov 25, 2003

  2. The answer is - it depends.

    One way would be to pass the environment variables in to your
    processor via command line parameters/arguments. Another way would be
    to roll your own document processor using something like libxml or
    libxslt (www.libxml.org) that would have have specific knowledge of
    which elements/attributes are actually enviromental variables and use
    getenv() to retrieve the value.

    - Finnbarr

    Finnbarr P. Murphy, Nov 28, 2003