XML and Minimal Directed Acyclic Graph Encoding

Altu

Hi,

If I model an XML document as a DAG in memory, how can I implement the
getParent operation on a node?

Regards,
Al

Joseph Kesselman

Altu said:
If I model an XML document as a DAG in memory, how can I implement the
getParent operation on a node?

Maintain a context stack as you navigate through the document?

Dimitre Novatchev

Altu said:
Hi,

If I model an XML document as a DAG in memory, how can I implement the
getParent operation on a node?

Here:

is an efficient representation of a graph as an xml document. The referenced
xml-dev posting also contains an algorithm for finding all routes from one
to another given nodes in the graph, and an efficient XSLT implementation of
this algorithm.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev