XML and Parsers???

Leonard J. Reder

Hello,

I am totally new to the idea of XML but have been reading about it and
it seems to apply for my application. I have some files with detection
results and graphical shape properties that I wish to generallize and
standardize with a specific ML sort of notation since it seems this is
easy to verify and parse. Is there a standard parser with schema
varification for C++ (and Python). I also need to generate from C++ as
well. All code runs on Linux.

Also is there a recommended textbook on XML?

Thanks for any replies,

Len
Leonard J. Reder
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Interferometry Systems and Technology Section 383
Email: (e-mail address removed)
Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639
Phone (FAX): 818-354-4357
Mail Address:
Mail Stop: 171-113
4800 Oak Grove Dr.
Pasadena, CA. 91109

Arto V. Viitanen

Leonard> Hello, I am totally new to the idea of XML but have been reading
Leonard> about it and it seems to apply for my application. I have some
Leonard> files with detection results and graphical shape properties that I
Leonard> wish to generallize and standardize with a specific ML sort of
Leonard> notation since it seems this is easy to verify and parse. Is there
Leonard> a standard parser with schema varification for C++ (and Python). I
Leonard> also need to generate from C++ as well. All code runs on Linux.

For Python, there is XML package coming with the system. However, you might
like to check PyXML, since it more generic. I don't know about XML and C++,
but I'd check Xerces-C++ from http://xml.apache.org.

I just wrote some Python stuff, and used SAX for parsing and DOM for
generating XML. They are common techniques, you could check from
http://w3.org.