    it's required. How do you use ccs or xsl to make this data display like
    html?

    Bill

    Bill Cunningham, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Bill Cunningham wrote:Short to demonstrate my point
    > I'm missing <!DOCTYPE etc.... I don't know if
    > it's required. How do you use ccs or xsl to make this data displa
    > like
    > html?
    >
    > Bill

    You do not need a DOCTYPE declaration on the XML file because the <?xm
    version="1.0"?> does the same thing. You can reference the XSL as i
    this example:

    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="style.xsl"?>

    The XSL will have a similar declaration after the initial XML one suc
    as:

    <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">

    You may build the XSL as a HTML page. Within the HTML code you ca
    reference the CSS just as would with an HTML page. For dynamic field
    you use this code:

    <xsl:value-of select="root/page_title"/>

    where root is your root in the XML file and page_title is whatever ta
    in the XML file you want to appear in that place. So generally, desig
    the CSS as you would for an HTML page and design the XSL to be you
    page layout. you can use this as your guide to building your XSL:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt

    hope this helps

    Tripredacus-
    Tripredacus-X, Feb 11, 2004