XML and Python by Ogbuji - book at amazon?

Uche Ogbuji

christof hoeke said:
hi,
does anyone know about this book which sounds great? unfortunately i
could not find anything more about it apart from the following entry at
amazon (germany only, strange...)

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...88100/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_8_4/302-8869636-4168805

at least Uche should know about it?

My apologies for the confusion. This book was in the works, but ended
up in the can aprtly from Mine and Mike Olson's lack of time, and
partly because of the drying up of the market in technical books.

I'm afraid that what knowledge I have to offer on Python and XML is
available either in my XML.com column:

http://www.xml.com/pub/q/pyxml

or in my Python/XML Akara project

http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/akara/nodes/2003-01-01/pyxml-akara

Good luck.

christof hoeke

Uche said:
My apologies for the confusion. This book was in the works, but ended
up in the can aprtly from Mine and Mike Olson's lack of time, and
partly because of the drying up of the market in technical books.

I'm afraid that what knowledge I have to offer on Python and XML is
available either in my XML.com column:

http://www.xml.com/pub/q/pyxml

or in my Python/XML Akara project

http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/akara/nodes/2003-01-01/pyxml-akara

Good luck.

thanks for the info. i consult all the above sites anyway but a good
updates printed book would have been great as one has to dig through all
the sites and available books to find answers. i thought your planned
book would have been a great updated kind of "python and xml" book.

but thanks and best regards
chris

Andy Todd

christof said:
Uche said:

thanks for the info. i consult all the above sites anyway but a good
updates printed book would have been great as one has to dig through all
the sites and available books to find answers. i thought your planned
book would have been a great updated kind of "python and xml" book.

but thanks and best regards
chris

If you are determined to have a printed book, take a look at Python &
XML by Jones and Drake;

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonxml/

It provides a basic grounding in both Python and XML.

On a personal note I have read it and don't find it the best written
text book, nor the worst for that matter. The text sometimes assumes a
level of knowledge that isn't necessarily in keeping with the material
already covered. When this is the case it would be helpful if the
authors provided pointers to other resources where this knowledge could
be acquired but they are sadly lacking. Pointers to further learning
(such as, for instance, the ins and outs of XSLT) would also improve the
book.

Regards,
Andy