XML and Python by Ogbuji - book at amazon?

Discussion in 'Python' started by christof hoeke, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. christof hoeke, Nov 18, 2003

  2. christof hoeke

    Uche Ogbuji Guest

    christof hoeke <> wrote in message news:<bpe0a6$snq$02$-online.com>...
    > hi,
    > does anyone know about this book which sounds great? unfortunately i
    > could not find anything more about it apart from the following entry at
    > amazon (germany only, strange...)
    >
    > http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...88100/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_8_4/302-8869636-4168805
    >
    > at least Uche should know about it?

    My apologies for the confusion. This book was in the works, but ended
    up in the can aprtly from Mine and Mike Olson's lack of time, and
    partly because of the drying up of the market in technical books.

    I'm afraid that what knowledge I have to offer on Python and XML is
    available either in my XML.com column:

    http://www.xml.com/pub/q/pyxml

    or in my Python/XML Akara project

    http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/akara/nodes/2003-01-01/pyxml-akara

    Good luck.

    --
    Uche
    http://uche.ogbuji.net
    Uche Ogbuji, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Uche Ogbuji wrote:
    > christof hoeke <> wrote in message news:<bpe0a6$snq$02$-online.com>...
    >
    >>hi,
    >>does anyone know about this book which sounds great? unfortunately i
    >>could not find anything more about it apart from the following entry at
    >>amazon (germany only, strange...)
    >>
    >>http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...88100/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_8_4/302-8869636-4168805
    >>
    >>at least Uche should know about it?

    > My apologies for the confusion. This book was in the works, but ended
    > up in the can aprtly from Mine and Mike Olson's lack of time, and
    > partly because of the drying up of the market in technical books.
    >
    > I'm afraid that what knowledge I have to offer on Python and XML is
    > available either in my XML.com column:
    >
    > http://www.xml.com/pub/q/pyxml
    >
    > or in my Python/XML Akara project
    >
    > http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/akara/nodes/2003-01-01/pyxml-akara
    >
    > Good luck.

    thanks for the info. i consult all the above sites anyway but a good
    updates printed book would have been great as one has to dig through all
    the sites and available books to find answers. i thought your planned
    book would have been a great updated kind of "python and xml" book.

    but thanks and best regards
    chris
    christof hoeke, Nov 24, 2003
  4. christof hoeke

    Andy Todd Guest

    christof hoeke wrote:
    > Uche Ogbuji wrote:
    >
    >> christof hoeke <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > thanks for the info. i consult all the above sites anyway but a good
    > updates printed book would have been great as one has to dig through all
    > the sites and available books to find answers. i thought your planned
    > book would have been a great updated kind of "python and xml" book.
    >
    > but thanks and best regards
    > chris

    If you are determined to have a printed book, take a look at Python &
    XML by Jones and Drake;

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonxml/

    It provides a basic grounding in both Python and XML.

    On a personal note I have read it and don't find it the best written
    text book, nor the worst for that matter. The text sometimes assumes a
    level of knowledge that isn't necessarily in keeping with the material
    already covered. When this is the case it would be helpful if the
    authors provided pointers to other resources where this knowledge could
    be acquired but they are sadly lacking. Pointers to further learning
    (such as, for instance, the ins and outs of XSLT) would also improve the
    book.

    Regards,
    Andy
    From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq - http://www.halfcooked.com/