XML and VB6

Tom Cashman

I'm working on a project with some friends for tracking information
related to movie production. But the only program I'm any good with is
VB6 Is there any way to join the two? ie: create the XML schema and use
it as a file structure in VB6?

Any websites about this?

Tom

Andy Dingley

I'm working on a project with some friends for tracking information
related to movie production. But the only program I'm any good with is
VB6 Is there any way to join the two?

XML is almost completely independent of the programing language you
use with it. Now VB isn't the greatest language in the world, but if
it's what you know, then you can certainly use it.

XML is normally used through a "DOM" component that you find
ready-made from somewhere, not by writing your own. M$oft have MSXML
which is a fairly good one that also does XSL transforms.

Most details can be found at MSDN, or the SDK help is downloadable.

fa.falaschi

ok, but if you have to send a very long xml?
i had it crunked by the server
how could i do

fa.falasch