XML best practices (was: Python as replacement for PHP?)

Discussion in 'XML' started by Cameron Laird, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. In article <>,
    simo <> wrote:
    Cameron Laird, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Cameron Laird

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Cameron Laird" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In article <>,
    > simo <> wrote:
    > .
    > >Perl - bloody fast, if you're doing lots of text processing/regex
    > >(e.g. XML parsing) then Perl is it, probably best for sysadmin tasks
    > >too. We use this for large reports at work. I love its hash handling

    > .
    > Let me get this straight: your preferred vehicle for XML
    > parsing is Perl regular expressions? That's ... well, it's
    > a different impression than I've ever gained from anyone
    > else with deep XML experience. It's sure not my first
    > instinct.

    Not sure what the entire context of this thread is, but I get the impression
    that you've misread what he was saying. XML parsing is an example of text
    processing, and there are a number of Perl modules that can be used for that
    task. Perl probably wouldn't be my first choice for parsing markup languages
    (I'd personally use Omnimark), but it is all things to all people.

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Cameron Laird

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:54:49 -0000, (Cameron Laird)
    wrote:

    >Let me get this straight: your preferred vehicle for XML
    >parsing is Perl regular expressions? That's ... well,

    Rather more restrained a comment than I'd be capable of expressing ?
    Andy Dingley, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Cameron Laird

    Giles Brown Guest

    http://www.usingenglish.com/glossary/litotes.html maybe?