XML-Binded TreeView - How to select node on client side without PostBack

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by amirmi, Aug 1, 2006.

  1. amirmi

    amirmi Guest

    Hi,
    I Have a Treeview that represent Stock Indicators.
    The idea is when i press the indicator i want it to create a
    client-side table with all the parameters of this indicator - which are
    listed in the XML under "IndicatorParam"

    The problem is that i DONT WANT TO USE POSTBACK.
    I, of course Changed the "SelectAction" for this node to "none" instead
    of "select" to disable the post-back.
    but what now? i want to use javascript for building the table, but for
    that i need to know the "Selected Node" without going to the
    server-side and fetch it. (hence post-back)
    I also need to access the XML and retrieve the parameters for this
    SelectedNode

    anyone has any idea how to to it? is it a lost battle and i have to do
    a postback?

    XML Stracture:

    <IndicatorsGroups>
    <Group>