XML book

Bart Vandewoestyne

I am currently following a course on XML but since the course material
only consists of handouts of slides, I would like to buy myself a good
XML book.

I have currently two books in my mind:

'XML Bible':
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible3/

Beginning XML, 3rd edition:
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764570773.html
(Best dit pakken)

Which book would be the best for me? In the first place, I would like to
have a book from which i could *learn* XML and all the things that have
to do with it (DTD's, XMLSchema, XSLT, XPath, XSL-FO, SVG, DOM, SAX...).
I am not really looking for a 'reference book', I'm more looking for a
'learning book'.

Are there any other books, or should i stick with one of the two i've
mentioned?

Regards,
Bart

Phony Account

Bart said:
[...]

I am currently reading and enjoying Learning XML from O'Rielly. It
mentions some and covers most of what you mentioned (for example, SVG is
mentined and just briefly explained). The schema is also briefly
explained, as the subject is too big for a general XML book (so,
paradoxically, more time is spent on DTD's than on schemas).

Good luck,

Mirko