    appreciated. my college major was not computer science nor IT, but I
    have some experience with html, css and svg. Thanks.

    fulio pen
    Fulio Pen, Apr 23, 2011

  2. On 4/23/2011 12:22 PM, Fulio Pen wrote:
    > I consider to get xml certificate to change career, but have no idea
    > about the job market for this certificate.

    I have no idea what skills an "xml certificate" is supposed to
    represent, nor what degree of skill. That means I can't put any value on it.

    --
    Joe Kesselman,

    Joe Kesselman, Apr 24, 2011

  3. Fulio Pen

    Peter Flynn Guest

    On 23/04/11 17:22, Fulio Pen wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > I consider to get xml certificate to change career, but have no idea
    > about the job market for this certificate.

    What certificate is this?

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Apr 24, 2011
  4. Fulio Pen

    Fulio Pen Guest

    On Apr 24, 10:40 am, Peter Flynn <> wrote:
    > On 23/04/11 17:22, Fulio Pen wrote:
    >
    > > hello,

    > > I consider to get xml certificate to change career, but have no idea
    > > about the job market for this certificate.

    > What certificate is this?
    >
    > ///Peter

    Information about this certificate is in the following web page:

    http://www.xmlmaster.org/en/

    I guess that many people in this group are xml experts. If they've
    never heard of this certificate, very possible it is worthless. My
    question can be asked in another way:

    Is the job market for xml professionals pretty good or not? Thanks.
    Fulio Pen, Apr 24, 2011
  5. Fulio Pen

    The Magpie Guest

    On 24/04/2011 22:04, Fulio Pen wrote:
    > On Apr 24, 10:40 am, Peter Flynn <> wrote:
    >> On 23/04/11 17:22, Fulio Pen wrote:
    >>
    >>> hello,

    >>> I consider to get xml certificate to change career, but have no idea
    >>> about the job market for this certificate.

    >> What certificate is this?
    >>
    >> ///Peter

    > Information about this certificate is in the following web page:
    >
    > http://www.xmlmaster.org/en/
    >
    > I guess that many people in this group are xml experts. If they've
    > never heard of this certificate, very possible it is worthless. My
    > question can be asked in another way:
    >
    > Is the job market for xml professionals pretty good or not? Thanks.

    Given the certificate is pretty much restricted to the Far East, that
    it does not seem to be widely supported by companies and that they
    have made no press releases for three years, I'd say that it probably
    is worthless.

    Work, however, is not. If you can handle XML, build a solid Schema and
    manage it with decent XSL, there is a market for your. And the more
    you can do, the more you will be in demand.
    The Magpie, Apr 24, 2011
  6. Fulio Pen

    Peter Flynn Guest

    On 24/04/11 22:04, Fulio Pen wrote:
    > On Apr 24, 10:40 am, Peter Flynn <> wrote:
    >> On 23/04/11 17:22, Fulio Pen wrote:
    >>
    >>> hello,

    >>> I consider to get xml certificate to change career, but have no idea
    >>> about the job market for this certificate.

    >> What certificate is this?
    >>
    >> ///Peter

    > Information about this certificate is in the following web page:
    >
    > http://www.xmlmaster.org/en/
    >
    > I guess that many people in this group are xml experts. If they've
    > never heard of this certificate, very possible it is worthless.

    I had never heard of it, and I see no evidence that it has any kind of
    formal accreditation behind it, although the Committee are all
    well-respected people in the XML field. I'm not aware of any employer
    seeking this certificate, but I am not active in the area of the world
    that xmlmaster.org is registered in.

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Apr 25, 2011