XML data binding - Castor-like

Przemyslaw Wegrzyn

Hi!

I'm quite new to Python. Is there anything like Castor or JAXB available for
Python ? All I have found is generateDS.py, but it seems to be very limited
and a bit buggy - it seems to be sensitive to the order in which I declare
elements in my XML Schema file.

In my upcoming project I need a robust XML support, and I wanted to give
Python a try, unfortunately I'll probably have to switch back to Java for
this project :(

Best Regards,
P.Wegrzyn

deelan

Przemyslaw said:
Hi!

I'm quite new to Python. Is there anything like Castor or JAXB available for
Python ? All I have found is generateDS.py, but it seems to be very limited
and a bit buggy - it seems to be sensitive to the order in which I declare
elements in my XML Schema file.

dunno what castor is but this package provides
some link between python and a XSD schema file:

"Python XML Marshaller"
<http://home.pacbell.net/pyared/pybypy/xml/>

also, before give up, check out the other
XML<-->python bindings:

"XML Data Bindings in Python"
<http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/06/11/py-xml.html>