    no idea how to go about getting the two to work together. Any ideas

    -
    Tripredacus-

    Tripredacus-X, May 5, 2004

  2. Tripredacus-X

    Guest Guest

    Simple enough for me ;)

    Can you drop me a line on spider[at]kipr.net with more details about it,
    please?

    Cheers

    Guest, May 7, 2004

  3. Tripredacus-X

    Saqib Ali Guest

    > I have the need to create an XML website that retrieves data
    > dynamically from an XML database. I wish to do this so that I do not
    > need to create flat pages for each entry. I already have the page
    > design down, and a couple example flat pages that show the layout. And
    > I know how to create the data files. The problem I have is that I have
    > no idea how to go about getting the two to work together. Any ideas?

    All you need is the following:

    1) Apache Cocoon ( http://cocoon.apache.org )
    2) XML DB. something like Xindice.
    3) XSLTs to transform your XML content to HTML

    Cocoon can retreive XML content from Xindice DB and apply the XSLT to
    the XML to produce HTML.

    Here are some samples:
    http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/#88

    In this the case the XML content conforms to DocBook DTD and Cocoon
    uses DocBook XSLT to transform XML to HTML.

    It is a pretty easy setup.

    In Peace,
    Saqib Ali
    http://validate.sf.net