XML Database

Discussion in 'XML' started by Chad, Dec 22, 2004.

  1. Chad

    Chad Guest

    Hello,
    I'm trying to maintain a small list (30-50) of categorized hyperlinks
    on my website. Each link could be in multiple categories. Should I use
    HTML for this?

    Example:
    Book1 (URL1)
    Categories:
    1=Yes
    2=No
    3=Yes
    4=No

    Book2 (URL2)
    Categories:
    1=No
    2=Yes
    3=No
    4=Yes

    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Chad

    Chad, Dec 22, 2004

  2. Chad

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 22 Dec 2004 14:35:54 -0800, "Chad" <> wrote:

    >Any other suggestions?

    Look at Dublin Core, how to represent Dublin Core in XML, RSS, RSS 1.0
    and how to stick DC & RSS together.

    Then, whenever you need to read this "database" as a
    pubically-publishable web page, a little trivial XSLT will do it for
    you.

    In many ways this isn't a database because you have no update or
    selction mechanism. This is good, because those are things XML doesn't
    directly offer to you.

    Andy Dingley, Dec 23, 2004