    on xml files and datasources in the same way you would do to a database. How
    would I do this? Can you actually use "sql" statements on an xml
    object/file?
    Andy B, May 14, 2008

  2. Andy B

    bruce barker Guest

    in a word no. if you insert your xml into a sqlserver xml column, you
    will get a lot.

    you can use linq on an xml dom, which will give you a simple query
    language, but no shared access, acid or set operations. linq will allow
    delegates and lamba functions to be executed on an xml dom via a filter,
    which may be all the set opertions you need.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 14, 2008