XML, DBI::AnyData and mySQL

Discussion in 'XML' started by Federico Bari, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. .... many of you suggested me to give a look to DBI::AnyData. I have the
    necessity to insert and update a mySQL database taking datas fom xml files
    that have *more tha one table*; infact the xml file (and it's xsd) is just a
    copy of the structure of the final mySLQ database. Somebody of you noted me
    that to say "XML with multi-tables datas" means all and nothing ... with
    more detail I can say that I realized this xml file using the export
    function of the last version of Access exporting the Access database to XML
    file and its structure in a separate XSD file. Both have more than one table
    inside, with relations.

    What I found about DBI::AnyData is that:

    1) it cannot import, manage in memory-tables XML that have more than one
    table inside
    2) it cannot automatically import datas from in-memory tables to mySQL

    do you think this is right? What does this mean for me? Have i to separate
    each table of the original XML file in a lot of new, distinct XMLs, each for
    every table? And than? Have i to manually insert each each row, each field
    of each table of each XML file in each table of mySQL database? I have mybe
    more than 70 tables with 20 fields each one ... to become mad!!!!!

    Thanks,

    Fede.
    Federico Bari, Jan 28, 2004