XML Designer?

Cirene

Does VS 2008 have a good XML designer to work with XML data, schemas,
etc...?

Any tools to easily add, edit and delete data from an XML file?

This is new to me....

Thanks!

Marc Scheuner

Does VS 2008 have a good XML designer to work with XML data, schemas,

Yes, quite nice support - you get intellisense in VS2008 when editing
and building an XSD (schema) or XSLT file - very handy indeed !

Marc

Andy B

Don't think that's what they were looking for. I think they wanted a visual
designer like the asp.net designer of some sorts. The best I know of,
Microsoft took the xml designer that was in vs2005 out and never put it in
vs2008. I guess they are working on a new one that is supposed to be
included in a later version... vs2008 sp1 hopefully...

Cirene

:( Yes. It seems like it was there in 2005. I am a XML beginner and have
a GUI interface would be quite handy.

I was thinking that I could just put an XMLdatasource control on a webform,
drop a gridview control (or similar) on it and be able to add, edit, insert
and delete XML data. But, I guess I was wishing too much.

Andy B

The good thing is that you can run Visual Studio 2005 alongside Visual
Studio 2008. That way you can use the designer in 2005 and export the xml
files it creates into the 2008 project. That is what I have seen people
recommend when I did a search on it with both google and live search. This
would be quite agravating though and I probably wouldn't do anything of the
sort unless you had to have it (like it was your xml lifeline or something).
I did do another search for xml designer in vs2008 and found a ctp release
of xml designer for vs2008, but it was really old. Not for sure if they
abandoned the designer issue or not.