XML documentation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    I have two projects in the same solution. One is a web project and the
    other is a class library called "MyClassLibrary". I want to leverage
    intellisense capabilities while using the class library in my web project.
    The class library is configured in its project properties to generate an xml
    file with the same name as the project. However, when I build the solution,
    I get two error messages:

    1. Could not copy temporary files to the output directory.
    2. The file 'MyClassLibrary.xml' cannot be copied to the run directory. The
    system cannot find the file specified.

    The web project is named "MyWebProject" and is located in a virtual
    directory of my standard wwwroot folder. The class library has defaulted to
    a "Visual Studio Projects" folder in my My Documents folder. Every thing is
    on my local C: drive, and no folders in the paths contain special characters
    other than a few spaces. Suggestions?

    Thanks in advance.
    Mark

    Mark, Jul 21, 2004

  2. This usually means that one of the file that VS.NET builds is locked by some
    process. Try closing out of VS.NET and then delete the "bin" folder for
    your website. Then try compile your project again.

    Peter Rilling, Jul 21, 2004