xml documentation

Mark

I have two projects in the same solution. One is a web project and the
other is a class library called "MyClassLibrary". I want to leverage
intellisense capabilities while using the class library in my web project.
The class library is configured in its project properties to generate an xml
file with the same name as the project. However, when I build the solution,
I get two error messages:

1. Could not copy temporary files to the output directory.
2. The file 'MyClassLibrary.xml' cannot be copied to the run directory. The
system cannot find the file specified.

The web project is named "MyWebProject" and is located in a virtual
directory of my standard wwwroot folder. The class library has defaulted to
a "Visual Studio Projects" folder in my My Documents folder. Every thing is
on my local C: drive, and no folders in the paths contain special characters
other than a few spaces. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Marina

It sounds like another process has a lock on that file. Possibly another
VS.NET instance, if it is has a reference to this project.

bruce

Marina said:
It sounds like another process has a lock on that file. Possibly another
VS.NET instance, if it is has a reference to this project.

I had the same problem. I was creating my first custom control, had
it in the same solution as the main project in which I wanted to use
the custom control. The first compile would be fine. The second one
would throw a compile error with the "Could Not Copy Temporary Files
to the Output Directory" message as the error.
It's clumsy, but I simply made two separate solutions. I still
compile the custom control into the main project \bin directory, but i
now have no locking problem.
It's annoying, but it's made simpler by being able to toggle back
and forth quickly between projects with the "File-Recent Projects"
menu item.
Hey, if anyone has a better solution that works, please tell me!
I'm a relative .Net newbie, so I'm sure there is/will be a better
solution. But for anyone who's absolutely hung up on this problem, my
solution works, even if it slows you down somewhat in your work.