XML elements to JavaScript Array elements Conversion

I am finding it little harder to get this done, kindly help me.
I need to convert an XML file to a JavaScript file (Array) using XSLT,
1. Can I use <xsl:eek:utput method="text">?
2. I am suppose to convert the following pattern of XML to JavaScript
file like the one given below.
Input XML format:
<links>
<section1>
<name>SearchEngines</name>
<url>www.searchengines.com</url>
<section2>
<name>Google</name>
<url>www.google.com</url>
<section3>
<name>Groups</name>
<url>www.groups.google.com</url>
</section3>
<section3>
<name>Mail</name>
<url>www.gmail.com</url>
</section3>
</section2>
<section2>
<name>Yahoo</name>
<url>www.yahoo.com</url>
<section3>
<name>Photos</name>
<url>www.photos.yahoo.com</url>
</section3>
</section2>
</section1> <!-- End of Section1 - I -->
<section1>
<name>Sample</name>
<url>www.sample.com</url>
<description>No section2 links are present for
this.</description>
</section1> <!-- End of Section1 - II -->
<section1>
<name>Tutorials</name>
<url>www.tutorials.com</url>
<section2>
<name>XML</name>
<url>www.tutorials.com/xml</url>
<section3>
<name>XSLT</name>
<url>www.tutorials.com/xml/xslt</url>
</section3>
</section2>

</section1> <!-- End of Section1 - III -->
</links>

Output JavaScript File: ( we need to make the values of the elements as
arrays, naming for Each section's array has to be like it is given
here.)

//Section1 Entries
Array1 = [
[170, 120 // Few Hardcoded values
],
["SearchEngines","www.searchengines.com",1,0,1], // few values are
hardcoded here 1,0,1
["Sample","www.sample.com",1,0,1],
["Tutorials","www.tutorials.com",1,0,1],
]

//Section2 entries of Section1 I
Array1_1 = [
[],
["Google","www.google.com",1,0,0], // few values are hardcoded here
1,0,0
["Yahoo","www.yahoo.com",1,0,0],
]

//Section2 entries of Section1 II - when description is present for
Section 1, it should be given as section 2 link as well
Array1_2 = [
[],
["No section2 links are present for this.","www.sample.com",1,0,0],
]

//Section2 entries of Section1 III
Array1_3 = [
[],
["XML","www.tutorials.com/xml",1,0,0],
]

// Section 3 entries

Array1_1_1 = [
[],
["Groups","www.groups.google.com",1,0,0], // few values are hardcoded
here 1,0,0
["Mail","www.gmail.com",1,0,0],
]

Kindly let me know, how to do this kind of conversion from XML to
JavaScript using XSLT

Thank you,

Regards,
Annbu P

Joe Kesselman

P said:
1. Can I use <xsl:eek:utput method="text">?
Yes.

Kindly let me know, how to do this kind of conversion from XML to
JavaScript using XSLT

There's a lot of good XSLT instructional information on the web; my
standard recommendations are the tutorials and articles on IBM's
DeveloperWorks website (http://www.ibm.com/xml) and, for the stuff that
isn't immediately obvious after reading those articles, the XSLT FAQ at
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/index.html

(Folks here, and on most mailing lists, will be much more willing to
answer specific questions than general requests that we do your homework
for you...)