xml encoding breaks

Discussion in 'XML' started by Phelim, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Phelim

    Phelim Guest

    Hi.
    Im trying to form xml where the content is all unicode, but the xml
    seems to break at regular intervals, and will not see the content from
    that point on as
    unicode. It seems to add some extra characters onto the end of a node
    (which are usually garbage and a few characters long). After this
    point (which is always at the end of a particular node, the rest comes
    out as it would if it
    were not unicode.

    It may have something to do with the length of the xml I am forming,
    which is quite long.

    In the following example, the following few characters are added to
    the end of the option node..
    "˜{%!"

    <option number="1">Να
    προλάβει
    μήπως τα
    μηχανήματα
    σβήσουν
    λόγω
    υψηλών
    πιέσεως σε
    περιπτώσεις
    που η
    θερμοκρασία
    περιβάλλοντος
    είναι
    υψηλή και
    τα μηχανήματα
    ΀˜{%!</option><option number="2">Î?α ανακαλÏ?Ï?ει
    μηÏ?ανήμαÏ?α Ï?οÏ? Ï?Ï?Ï?Ï?ν έÏ?οÏ?ν κάÏ?οια
    διαÏ?Ï?οή αÏ?Ï? Ï?ην Ï?ελεÏ?Ï?αία Ï?οÏ?ά Ï?οÏ?
    έγινε έλεγÏ?οÏ? και Ï?α οÏ?οία μÏ?οÏ?εί να
    Ï?Ï?ειάζεÏ?αι να εÏ?ιÏ?Î</option>

    Phelim, Oct 8, 2003

  2. "Phelim" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi.
    > Im trying to form xml where the content is all unicode, but the xml
    > seems to break at regular intervals, and will not see the content from
    > that point on as
    > unicode. It seems to add some extra characters onto the end of a node
    > (which are usually garbage and a few characters long). After this
    > point (which is always at the end of a particular node, the rest comes
    > out as it would if it
    > were not unicode.
    >
    > It may have something to do with the length of the xml I am forming,
    > which is quite long.

    How about also telling us *how* you're producing the XML? Otherwise I don't
    see how anybody is going to be able to help you.

    Julian F. Reschke, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Im forming the xml in php code.. the content is taken from a mysql
    database. It is in unicode format in the database.

    It seems to add on the last few characters, i.e. they are not part of
    the unicode taken from the database.

    After these characters are added (which is not always, but always in the
    same few places), the encoding breaks.

    phelim McConigly, Oct 8, 2003
  4. "phelim McConigly" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Im forming the xml in php code.. the content is taken from a mysql
    > database. It is in unicode format in the database.
    >
    > It seems to add on the last few characters, i.e. they are not part of
    > the unicode taken from the database.
    >
    > After these characters are added (which is not always, but always in the
    > same few places), the encoding breaks.

    In which case either your database is broken, or PHP, or your code. It
    doesn't really seem to be an XML question, though.

    Julian F. Reschke, Oct 9, 2003