xml encoding breaks

Phelim

Hi.
Im trying to form xml where the content is all unicode, but the xml
seems to break at regular intervals, and will not see the content from
that point on as
unicode. It seems to add some extra characters onto the end of a node
(which are usually garbage and a few characters long). After this
point (which is always at the end of a particular node, the rest comes
out as it would if it
were not unicode.

It may have something to do with the length of the xml I am forming,
which is quite long.

In the following example, the following few characters are added to
the end of the option node..
"˜{%!"

<option number="1">Να
προλάβει
μήπως τα
μηχανήματα
σβήσουν
λόγω
υψηλών
πιέσεως σε
περιπτώσεις
που η
θερμοκρασία
περιβάλλοντος
είναι
υψηλή και
τα μηχανήματα
΀˜{%!</option><option number="2">Î?α ανακαλÏ?Ï?ει
μηÏ?ανήμαÏ?α Ï?οÏ? Ï?Ï?Ï?Ï?ν έÏ?οÏ?ν κάÏ?οια
διαÏ?Ï?οή αÏ?Ï? Ï?ην Ï?ελεÏ?Ï?αία Ï?οÏ?ά Ï?οÏ?
έγινε έλεγÏ?οÏ? και Ï?α οÏ?οία μÏ?οÏ?εί να
Ï?Ï?ειάζεÏ?αι να εÏ?ιÏ?Î</option>

Julian F. Reschke

Phelim said:
Hi.
Im trying to form xml where the content is all unicode, but the xml
seems to break at regular intervals, and will not see the content from
that point on as
unicode. It seems to add some extra characters onto the end of a node
(which are usually garbage and a few characters long). After this
point (which is always at the end of a particular node, the rest comes
out as it would if it
were not unicode.

It may have something to do with the length of the xml I am forming,
which is quite long.

How about also telling us *how* you're producing the XML? Otherwise I don't
see how anybody is going to be able to help you.

phelim McConigly

Im forming the xml in php code.. the content is taken from a mysql
database. It is in unicode format in the database.

It seems to add on the last few characters, i.e. they are not part of
the unicode taken from the database.

After these characters are added (which is not always, but always in the
same few places), the encoding breaks.

Julian F. Reschke

phelim McConigly said:
Im forming the xml in php code.. the content is taken from a mysql
database. It is in unicode format in the database.

It seems to add on the last few characters, i.e. they are not part of
the unicode taken from the database.

After these characters are added (which is not always, but always in the
same few places), the encoding breaks.

In which case either your database is broken, or PHP, or your code. It
doesn't really seem to be an XML question, though.