    if I can use curly brackets in XML files.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    kitty

    kitty, Jan 5, 2007

  2. kitty schrieb:
    > Does XML encoding charset include "curly brackets" as valid characters
    > ?
    > My version <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> does not seem to
    > support curly brackets when I try to read them from the file.
    > <Id> {2.3434} </Id}
    > I have tried replacing them with the hexadecimal values also (&#x7B and
    > &#x7D). I thought it was an issue with Carbon but I would like to know
    > if I can use curly brackets in XML files.

    Of course you can. '{' and '}' are pretty basic characters and can be
    encoded using a lot of character encoding schemes, UTF-8 being one of
    them. So the problem must be somewhere else. BTW, what is the error
    message you get?

    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)

    Johannes Koch, Jan 5, 2007

  3. kitty wrote:
    > Does XML encoding charset include "curly brackets" as valid characters?

    Certainly. However, curly braces may have special meaning to some XML
    applications; XSLT, for example, uses them to denote "attribute value
    template" expressions. So you need to look at the tools you're using as
    well as XML itself.

    Joe Kesselman, Jan 7, 2007
  4. kitty

    kitty Guest

    Re: XML encoding -> solved

    Carbon API reads anything within curly brackets as a variable
    identifier ! have to use another parser.

    kitty, Jan 15, 2007