XML file-- XSLT transformation problem with attributes of root element

Discussion in 'XML' started by Wolfgang, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Guest

    I'm applying a simple XSLT style sheet to an XML file.
    The style sheet is:

    http://piru.alexandria.ucsb.edu/~rnott/MetadataMapping/access-report.xsl

    The XML file is here:

    http://piru.alexandria.ucsb.edu/~rnott/MetadataMapping/dlese-adn.xml

    This works fine as long as the root element of the XML file is plain
    <itemRecord>, like this:
    <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <itemRecord>
    <general>
    <title>Geology Fieldnotes</title>
    .... (and so on)

    The problem is that in my real-world application the element
    <itemRecord> needs to have attributes
    like this:

    <itemRecord xmlns="http://adn.dlese.org"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://adn.dlese.org
    http://www.dlese.org/Metadata/adn-item/0.6.50/record.xsd">

    And whith this latter form of <itemRecord...
    the XSLT transformation no longer matches anything (There are no
    errors, however, just no output).

    Why is that?

    Thanks for any help and advice.

    Wolfgang,