xml folding - default browser behaviour

GlennH

Hi folks,

I want to use the default behaviour of a browser to display xml in an
open / close block style. E.g. you can show or hide the sub elements
of an element.

But.... The default behaviour also shows all elements expanded, I want
to open the xml file and see all elements closed.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Glenn

Martin Honnen

GlennH wrote:

I want to use the default behaviour of a browser to display xml in an
open / close block style. E.g. you can show or hide the sub elements
of an element.

But.... The default behaviour also shows all elements expanded, I want
to open the xml file and see all elements closed.

Is this possible?

What you call the "default behaviour" is in the case of IE/Win just a
stylesheet applied by default to the XML document to transform it to a
HTML page with scripting that allows collapsing and expanding the
elements. You would need to use that stylesheet and change it to show
all elements closed as you want it and link that stylesheet into your
XML documents.

Glenn Halstead

Hi Martin, Thanks for that info.

I have been playing with stylesheets for my xml.

Do you know where I can find the IE default xml stylesheet?

Thanks

Glenn