XML Formatting/Sorting Utility

Mark Lookabaugh

Hi,

I'm trying to locate a utility that can process an XML document as
follows:

1. Pretty print with nice readable indentation.
2. Sort elements that don't have a required ordering so they will
always appear in a fixed order.

I need to invoke this from the command-line on a windows system as
part of a batch process. The files it will be operating on may be
very large, so the faster the better.

Basically we just need output that is readable and guarantees the
elements are in the same order each time. The results are doing to be
"diff'ed" against baseline files as part of a regression testing
framework. Since some XML elements can swap positions it's causing
problems at the moment.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Mark

Chris Lovett

See the XML Diff tool on http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xmltools/. This can
operate on a stream input (therefore performs well on very large files). See
also my ppxml tool (xml pretty printer) in the User Samples. Email me if yo
uneed help putting these together in a command line utility (My email is in
the readme for the ppxml tool)..