XML Formatting/Sorting Utility

Discussion in 'XML' started by Mark Lookabaugh, Jul 17, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I'm trying to locate a utility that can process an XML document as
    follows:

    1. Pretty print with nice readable indentation.
    2. Sort elements that don't have a required ordering so they will
    always appear in a fixed order.

    I need to invoke this from the command-line on a windows system as
    part of a batch process. The files it will be operating on may be
    very large, so the faster the better.

    Basically we just need output that is readable and guarantees the
    elements are in the same order each time. The results are doing to be
    "diff'ed" against baseline files as part of a regression testing
    framework. Since some XML elements can swap positions it's causing
    problems at the moment.

    If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. :)

    Thanks,
    Mark

    --
    Mark Lookabaugh
    mlookabaugh (at) cox.net
    Mark Lookabaugh, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Mark Lookabaugh

    Chris Lovett Guest

    See the XML Diff tool on http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/xmltools/. This can
    operate on a stream input (therefore performs well on very large files). See
    also my ppxml tool (xml pretty printer) in the User Samples. Email me if yo
    uneed help putting these together in a command line utility (My email is in
    the readme for the ppxml tool)..

    Chris Lovett, Jul 17, 2003