XML from XSD Schemas

SiJP

As an analyst, I am always keen for other's point of view in how they
go about doing things. It's my way of learning.

So here's a situation, which i would appreciate your thoughts on:

You, as an XML developer, are given an XSD by a third party
organisation. You've got to Import and Export data from your
'database' using MSXML, conforming to this schema.

At the moment, *my* way of doing this would be to get XMLSpy to
generate a sample xml doc, create an XSLT which maps the xml output
against fields in my db, and use ADO to transform the database data
into a transformed xml doc. And THEN worry about validation.

What methods, or approaches would you use to go from XSD to XML?

With regards,

Tjerk Wolterink

SiJP said:
As an analyst, I am always keen for other's point of view in how they
go about doing things. It's my way of learning.

So here's a situation, which i would appreciate your thoughts on:

You, as an XML developer, are given an XSD by a third party
organisation. You've got to Import and Export data from your
'database' using MSXML, conforming to this schema.

At the moment, *my* way of doing this would be to get XMLSpy to
generate a sample xml doc, create an XSLT which maps the xml output
against fields in my db, and use ADO to transform the database data
into a transformed xml doc. And THEN worry about validation.

What methods, or approaches would you use to go from XSD to XML?

With regards,

Just use an editor that supports xsd, then when i am typing that
editor will give hints wich elements i can choose from.
The editor gets that info from the xsd file.