XML help needet!

Discussion in 'XML' started by Nevermind, Oct 14, 2011.

  1. Nevermind

    Nevermind Guest

    I must deliver some data to one state agency.

    They demand that data is in structure form and they are offering a XML
    sheme.

    What is the easiest way to deliver this data?

    Can I somehow insert this XML shema in Excel and see it as a table and then
    fill it in?

    How this works?

    Thanks!

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6541 (20111013) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Nevermind, Oct 14, 2011

  2. You can go looking for a "schema-directed editor."

    If you have a large amount of data to convert, there are tools which can
    be told how to remap data from one format (CSV, for example) to another
    (XML). Some of them attempt to be point-and-click and may be able to use
    the schema to assist this process.

    Or you can just study the schema, understand what they're asking for,
    and construct the XML appropriately.

    Since I've mostly gone with the manual approach, or a hand-constructed
    XSLT stylesheet, I can't give you a lot of advice regarding which free
    tools would be particularly useful. IBM does of course sell products in
    this space, but if this is a one-time task that might be overkill.

    --
    Joe Kesselman,

    Joe Kesselman, Oct 15, 2011