XML in chatting software

Sameer Shinde via JavaKB.com

Hello, I am new to XML and I want to know how can I improve my Chatting
software written in Java using XML? In chatting software there is a lot of
data transfer along with formatting infomation. It is suggested to me that
using XML I may do it easily. How to proceed? -Sameer

Bjorn Borud

["Sameer Shinde via JavaKB.com" <[email protected]>]
| Hello, I am new to XML and I want to know how can I improve my Chatting
| software written in Java using XML? In chatting software there is a lot of
| data transfer along with formatting infomation. It is suggested to me that
| using XML I may do it easily. How to proceed? -Sameer

have a look at XMPP:

http://www.xmpp.org/

I am not very fond of XML as a transport protocol, but to format
messages I guess you could do a lot worse.

-Bjørn