xml in Ruby

paul vudmaska

--- Chad Fowler said:
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Chris Morris wrote:

# paul vudmaska wrote:
#
# >for my third cent, the above syntax 'just makes
since'
# >to me. What could be more semantic than
employee.name
# >without resorting to write your own
class/accessors
# >for it? What's wrong with that being a
fundamental
# >data acess fascility? call me crazy
# >
# The point of contention seems to be whether or not
this is included in
# the core language vs. a library, right? How does
the Ruby community as a
# whole benefit from core inclusion? What's not
satisfying to you about
# this solution being contained in a library?
#

One point I think the OP is also missing is that
Erik's solution *is*
implemented as a library and not as a modification
to Ruby's syntax. So,
in essence, you've already got what you want without
hacking up the
interpreter.

This is true!
http://shopping.yahoo.com