XML in Tomcat

Discussion in 'Java' started by Juan, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. Juan

    Juan Guest

    Hi,

    Does anyone know how to configure the XML catalog in Tomcat to
    avoid loading remote DTD's everytime a XML file is parsed ? I've been
    reading the docs at apache.org without success.

    Any hint would be really welcome.

    Thanks in advance,

    - Juan
    Juan, Aug 4, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Juan

    Harry Bosch Guest

    Hmm, I am trying to remember this issue. I had it once, a long time
    ago when I was working behind a proxy and couldn't test my freakin'
    code because both weblogic and tomcat wanted to validate my docs.

    But, alas I don't remember how you turn it off! It's a SAX feature
    (part of the api) that you can turn on and off in code, and I believe
    as a property in some file in your classpath.

    Here is a starting point... I'll keep looking.
    http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/features.html
    Harry Bosch, Aug 5, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Juan

    Harry Bosch Guest

    Well, I really can't think of if I actually "Fixed" the problem or just
    went ahead and changed the xml file to reference a local copy and not
    the remote copy... I found a discussion about this sort of issue here:
    http://www.mail-archive.com//msg03510.html


    I seem to recall this also has a problem while I was using ANT. There
    is a task there where you have a remote name resolved locally.

    Yeah, it was an ejbjar task where you could do the following:
    <dtd publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans
    2.0//EN" location="${dtd.ejb}" />

    I know that doesn't help, but well, it's part of the plan.
    Harry Bosch, Aug 5, 2005
    #3
  4. Juan

    Juan Guest

    Harry Bosch wrote:
    > Well, I really can't think of if I actually "Fixed" the problem or just
    > went ahead and changed the xml file to reference a local copy and not
    > the remote copy... I found a discussion about this sort of issue here:
    > http://www.mail-archive.com//msg03510.html
    >
    > I seem to recall this also has a problem while I was using ANT. There
    > is a task there where you have a remote name resolved locally.
    >
    > Yeah, it was an ejbjar task where you could do the following:
    > <dtd publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans
    > 2.0//EN" location="${dtd.ejb}" />


    Harry,

    Thank you for your help. Before trying to edit the XML file using other
    tools ,I'd like to try to solve this in a "correct" way. That is,
    providing a XML catalog to Tomcat so that it can resolve the local DTD
    using its key.

    So far I didn't find a solution, though.

    Regards,

    - Juan
    Juan, Aug 8, 2005
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. %=zerointeractive.it%

    [TOMCAT] Tomcat crashes

    %=zerointeractive.it%, Jan 22, 2004, in forum: Java
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    416
    Erwin Moller
    Jan 22, 2004
  2. Christos Gravvanis
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,046
    Christos Gravvanis
    Jul 7, 2004
  3. adamR
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    2,630
    Juha Laiho
    Jul 16, 2004
  4. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    526
  5. Erik Wasser
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    452
    Peter J. Holzer
    Mar 5, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page