    someone has an idea ?

    thanks
    Maalej
    maalej, Feb 27, 2005

  2. maalej wrote:

    > I want to insert one xml into another xml, and then with xslt(xalan)
    > transform.
    >
    > xalan and xerces not support xinclude.

    The Xerces version included with Sun Java 1.5 (alias Java 5) has
    XInclude support so that way you should be able to have one XML include
    another, parse it so that the Xinclusion is made and pass on the result
    to a transformation.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Feb 27, 2005

  3. maalej <> writes:

    > I want to insert one xml into another xml, and then with xslt(xalan)
    > transform.
    >
    > xalan and xerces not support xinclude.
    >
    > someone has an idea ?
    >
    > thanks
    > Maalej

    If you have XSLT you don't really need a separate xinclude processor,
    xslt can express (most of) the inclusion semantic directly.
    Some of the earliest xinclude processors were implemented as xslt
    stylesheets. Basically you just want a template that matches x:include
    and calls document() to fetch the referenced file.

    David
    David Carlisle, Feb 27, 2005