xml-include

maalej

I want to insert one xml into another xml, and then with xslt(xalan)
transform.

xalan and xerces not support xinclude.

someone has an idea ?

thanks
Maalej

Martin Honnen

maalej said:
I want to insert one xml into another xml, and then with xslt(xalan)
transform.

xalan and xerces not support xinclude.

The Xerces version included with Sun Java 1.5 (alias Java 5) has
XInclude support so that way you should be able to have one XML include
another, parse it so that the Xinclusion is made and pass on the result
to a transformation.

David Carlisle

maalej said:
I want to insert one xml into another xml, and then with xslt(xalan)
transform.

xalan and xerces not support xinclude.

someone has an idea ?

thanks
Maalej

If you have XSLT you don't really need a separate xinclude processor,
xslt can express (most of) the inclusion semantic directly.
Some of the earliest xinclude processors were implemented as xslt
stylesheets. Basically you just want a template that matches x:include
and calls document() to fetch the referenced file.

David