XML Iteration

Larry Bud

I have a client who is sending XML to us. Some of the data element
could be 5 or 6 levels deep. Some elements may be repeated more than
once for a given Master record. i.e.

row1
somedata
moredata
row2

sloan

How big it is the intially?

What's the end goal? (Put into a db, if so, which RDBMS?)

Larry Bud

How big it is the intially?

What's the end goal? (Put into a db, if so, which RDBMS?)

The main record could be in the thousands, or it could be 1 record,
depending on client needs.

We do print and mail for companies, as well as PDF creation. In this
case, the data is going to be "inserted" into one of 100 documents the
client has supplied us, and a PDF is created.

But the immediate need is to turn the XML into a text file that is of
proprietary format.